Happy Veteran's Day to all the wonderful veterans! We have one in our immediate family that is extra special to us....Grandpa! Grandpa served in Vietnam and represented our country well. I think this is extraordinary for a man born in Mexico and has two countries that he loves. His sacrifice along with every past and current vet's sacrifice is priceless. Our freedom is something I want our boys to appreciate and not take for granted.
These pictures are from the 4th of July parade in El Paso this summer. The boys love this tradition at Grandma and Grandpa's. One of the neat things they have been taught by Grandpa is when a flag passes by you are to stand up, remove your hat and put your hand over your heart.
Clayton called Grandpa yesterday to ask if he could post his picture on the Veteran's Day display at school....it went something like this, "Grandpa, can I put you on the soldier wall." So sweet. Clayton is so proud.
We love you, Grandpa, and words can never express our gratitude for your service.


1 comments:
That is so great! I didn't know that Ray's dad had served in Vietnam. I love Clayton's way of asking him about the picture:)
Post a Comment