CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just Catching Up

Well, the computer has died once again. I am hopeful it is on the mend and fixed very soon. My sweet friend, Jill, offered her husband's computer knowledge to try and fix it. I am dependent upon Ray's laptop in the evenings. Evenings are crazy around here so I don't always get to post when I want. I will do a re-cap of the last week or so, so you all feel caught up. I believe I left off at the second day of school.

  • The first of Kindergarten ended on WOW! In Clayton's class they can earn a purple (one step above the coveted green) for extraordinary things. So, my little guy was pumped on Friday (the 29th) to come home with a purple.....he says for singing so nicely. Who knew?
  • I guess he was singing really well b/c the following Tuesday he received a "Music Maestro" award from his music teacher. Hopefully he carries his own tune and not the one he has heard me sing in for the last 5 1/2 years. :)
  • Soccer has begun again for the 3rd season in a row. The second season with the Jaguars. As of last night (9/8) we are 2-0 and Clayton has 5 goals to his name. They don't keep score still and can guard the goal as long as they are outside the box. This season they are beginning to play positions and really pass and assist. It is so fun! Coop is even into yelling for his favorite team.
  • The Kindergarten quote of all time so far, "Can't Mrs. Hernandez cover all this stuff in 2 hours at the most? Why does it take her 7 hours?" Heard from the back seat this past Friday.
  • Cooper is finally talking quite a bit and it's so fun! He has about 40-45 words. No real sentences yet, but that is okay with me. He has done so many things early being the 2nd child, so I am okay with the not-so-talkative side of him. Clayton and I both talk plenty for all of us I'm sure!
  • Coop has found a sport of his own. Down-Set-Hut-Hut. He squats at the front door and yells, "Down" while we yell, "Down-Set-Hut-Hut". Once the call is done he takes off running and jumps, tackles whatever may be in his way or just keeps running.
  • He is enjoying his alone time with mommy during the day. We get to spend so much quality time together. It is so nice to focus on just him.
  • Ray and I are adjusting to having one in school and one at home. I never dreamed school would make this much of an impact on us everyday. I knew my running around would be a little limited due to needing to pick him up at a certain time, but WOW! I'm not sure I can imagine 2 in school and 2 schedules. It must not be too bad because we talk about a 3rd someday.

Well, I think that sums things up pretty good. I really am going to have to get on every night so I can stay caught up. If nothing else there is always a good quote of the day from Mr. Kindergarten. I also need to fill everyone in on our latest purchase....it caused me to eat my words.

0 comments: